Sunday, November 13, 2011

Primary Program

Today was the kid's primary program.  They did so well!  We are into the years where they are old enough to sit still up on the stand (at least for the first half) and they can sing really well.  I was so proud to watch my two little kids sing every single word of every single song.  I loved every minute of it. 
Well, I guess that isn't entirely true.  There were a few minutes where the guy next to me was activating his pre-paid cell phone complete with help from customer service.  Really?  Do people really do that in Sacrament meeting?  Anyway,  I had to keep reminding myself not to judge.  Maybe there was only a window of time where he could fill the minutes and if he didn't do it then, he couldn't make the phone call to his dying mother later on in the day.  Whatever his story was, he hung up the phone and I was able to ignore him again.

So back to the kids...
I took this cute picture of them before church. 

They did awesome on their parts.
Allie: Jesus Christ was resurrected and I will be too.
Jake: I will do my part and honor my parents to strengthen my family.

It's always a bummer when you know that they have their parts memorized and they still stand there and wait for the prompts from the person helping them (Allie) or read it (Jake).  Oh well.  I was just so proud of them it made my eyes water.  I love those little stinkers.

I had a pretty massive headache after the program, so I went home and tried to nap.  Nate wouldn't sleep...what's a momma to do?
I put him in his crib watching old home movies of Allie and Jake.  I got an hour snooze!
I'm sad that Mike was out of town for the primary program.  Those kids really know how to bring the spirit into a room and touch my heart.  I sure do love them!

No comments: