We went to Moab over UEA. If you want to hear the gorey details about the awful place we stayed (complete with days old clogged public toilets), let me know. I'll give you an earful. I can also tell you about the awesome drive from Moab to home...the word awesome is said in extreme sarcasm.
So, other than a few things that were a little miserable, we had a really great time.
The boys rode motorcycles. Mike, Jake, Mitch, and Herb (Mike's uncle and his son).
We stopped a lot to let the kids run around. We took a few trails that I had never been on before and saw some really neat places. I think I could go to Moab a hundred times and never see all there is to see. I love it!
We also went to Arches National Park. We love the little sand dune arch trail that takes you to a giant sand box. The kids love playing in it.
Jake climbed to the top of the sand dune arch. It's hard for a momma to see her boy up on top of something like that and not feel intense fear for him...be careful boy!
Allie loves her cousin Lauren. They made a little hut to sleep in. It's no wonder I was finding sand everywhere for a week.
It was a fun trip! (I can say that now...weeks later now that I have caught up on sleep and my patience bucket has been re-filled).
No comments:
Post a Comment