I took the kids down to Orem to see Grandma for a few days in between her travelling adventures. We hadn't been out to the Spanish Fork Cemetery in a while and decided it was time to see my dad and Sam's graves. The kids wanted to hear stories of grandpa Robert and we talked about Sam too. As we were loading up to go home, I shed a few pity party tears and the kids wondered what that was all about. I have these three little kiddos here and one on the way. I am so blessed and I know that. But I still feel that emptiness where Sam should be. Sometimes I let the thoughts come in and I wish I could know what Sam would be like as a cute little blondie that's almost 3. My sad pity party continues and I feel bad for these kids who will not know their grandpa Robert on this earth and will miss out on seeing the love on his face that made his eyes leak water like a broken sprinkler pipe. He used to almost burst with pride when he would hug me and each one of my siblings. He loved us so much and I ache to show him my cute kids and have them feel those wonderful hugs.
So when I feel like that, I remember that I am here. I am here with three kids who love me and depend on me for everything. We have Mike and so many blessings that I can't even begin to name them. We have my mom and all the other grandparents that love my kids. We have the knowledge that we will all be together for eternity.
We have faced some sad days. We will face many more, but we live a great life. I am so thankful for it.
So...no more pity party...here we are at the cemetery.
Will they ever look at the same time?
I didn't listen very well when my dad told the stories of the people buried in the plots around us. We need a family history lesson again. I do know that this grave is my dad's dad.
We're raising another grave robber...
1 comment:
Love you Sue. Thanks for helping me through my own sad days and pity parties.
Post a Comment