Saturday, June 30, 2012

More squares blankies

Since we didn't find out the gender of this cute little Schwabby, I don't really know what sort of squares blanket to make.  When I was pregnant with Allie, I just made one for a girl and one for a boy.  That worked out fine, so I thought I'd do that again.  We went to the fabric store (with all the kids) and picked out some cute girl fabric.  That was all I could find.  I found 3 or 4 different color combinations for cute girl blankets and had trouble picking between my options.  Then we looked for boy stuff and I couldn't see one thing.  The kids started to get bored (what kid wouldn't get bored after an hour in a fabric store), so we left with our cute girl fabric. 


I was so worried that I'd never find anything for a boy and thus be thouroughly disappointed to be handed a boy in November.  I couldn't have disappointment, so I headed back with just my little Nate friend (armed with a pack of fruit snacks and smarties).  I looked for a few minutes, feeling discouraged, and then I asked a nice employee if she knew of any good boy material.  She pointed me down a row that I didn't even consider before, and there it was!  I found material to make me excited for another sweet boy.


So now, after making these blankets, I will be prepared for whatever we get.  I am excited to see a baby wrapped up in either one.  In fact, I like the material so much that I told Mike we might have to have another after this...just so we don't waste the blanket.  He just laughed and shook his head.  I'm sure he is grateful right about now that the doc says this has to be the end.  :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I have a deal....if you have a girl I get the boy one for Liam. He is a poor neglected kid Grandma didn't even make him a blanket. Hint Hint