Jake loved school this year. He has enjoyed being home all day, but I know he loved being at school with Mrs. Miller too. She really did love all the kids in her class and was a great teacher. He learned a lot this year, lost 2 teeth, and grew several inches. I guess that's just how it goes.
Allie, Nate, and I went to his field day to help with the games. It was fun to see some of the other 1st graders that I know and watch them all cheer each other on. They really are cute at this age. Pretty kind to each other and happy kids.
Allie and Nate played at the playground and had fun watching the big kids.
Jake got to have a picnic and movie on the lunch room floor. They all thought that was pretty great.
I am so glad I was able to help out in the classroom a bit this year. It was fun to get to know some of the kids in Jake's class and see that they are good kids. Jake is a friend to all of them and they are all nice to him. Next year brings a whole new group of kids and a new teacher to get to love. Jake's ready for it all...after he's spent a few months loving the freedom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment