Thursday, August 30, 2012

Another Goner

Allie had her big first day today.  All through the week, I envisioned her walking hand in hand with Jake.  I thought for sure he would take care of his little sister.  Little did I know, she didn't need any help.  She had two of her best friends with her.  They all hopped on and shared a seat.  She didn't cry, and surprisingly, I didn't cry.  It was time for her to be off.  Besides, I knew she'd be home for lunch.







When she left, I went shopping.  The car ride was awfully quiet.  No questions from the back seat.  Then, at the store, I wrangled Nate all by myself.  I knew it before, but it was obvious how much easier she makes things.
We got back and waited for the bus to come.  As the bus turned the corner, she was yelling out to me from the back.  It was good to see her cute face.


 I got a big hug and she immediately went to Nate.  He was glad to see her home.


We both were.
One of the first things she said to me was "Mom, we didn't learn how to read.  I thought we'd be learning how to read in kindergarten." 
Such a cutie.  That will all come in time.
She's a good kid.  We'll miss her in the mornings.  The neighborhood is quiet.  It's okay though.  It's about time for her to go off and learn how to read.
Love you Allie!

No comments: