Saturday, January 12, 2013

A wonderful day

This cute boy was baptized last week.


This cute boy was blessed the same day.  I am one lucky momma.



I thought the day turned out perfectly.  I was frantic the night before, but Cinderella came up to help me get ready for the party.  My Christmas tree was still up and in a matter of a few hours, mom had this house whipped into shape.  She's pretty awesome...but back to the event...

I am so grateful for Mike.  He is such a good dad to our kids.  Jake admitted to being a bit nervous that day and he said he wasn't a fan of the white jump suit (too stretchy).
I guess he was also expecting cold water and was pleasantly surprised to find it warm.


We had a nice program in the Primary room.  Mike's dad Joe gave a nice talk on the Holy Ghost and we got to watch a video filled with pictures of Jake growing up.  It put me into a bit of a funk as I looked through all those pictures and remembered the fun, carefree days that we used to enjoy before the busy life took over.  It's hard for me to let these kids go.
I was glad for the peace I felt that day though.  I know that Mike and I are not alone in raising Jake.  He now has the gift of the Holy Ghost and he will have help as he chooses between right and wrong.  I am so grateful for my membership in this church and now for the choice that Jake has made to be a part of it as well.
Jason's blessing was nice too.  I feel a bit bad that he had to share his special day with Jake, but he won't ever know the difference :).  I'll make his own little blessing day post so you can see his cute outfit.
He was such a good boy.  Snoozed most of the day away.  I love that boy of mine and I love how well he fits into our lives now.  He's just perfect.


We reserved our ward building for a lunch after.  It was so fun to let the kids run around and toss balls, and just be wild and crazy...and not in my house :)
Thanks to all who came and helped make the day so great.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Awesome!
Aaron was blessed the same day I was baptized and I have always thought that was really special and created a bond that was special too :-)
you have a cute family i enjoy reading your posts