Yesterday, Nate fell down in his bed and hurt his tongue. He cried and cried and then asked me to kiss it better...
I must be a bad mom, because I just didn't want to. I thought we had made a compromise that I would kiss him, but just not on the tongue, but he found a way to slip it out there just at the last minute. :) He got such a big reaction that now he sticks his tongue out all the time and asks for a "mooch".
The bed time routine has turned into quite a production.
First, you have to avoid the tongue...
Then, you have to kiss any truck or car that he has in the crib.
Then you have to kiss each of his feet...once through each bar...
Then you have to kiss any stuffed animal that he has...
And finally, you have to repeat all of that if another sibling comes in wondering what all the joyful noises are about.
He tries to add to the routine to prolong me being in the room. He asks for more books to be read, or for "ice wada". Things always end in tears because he is never satisfied with the time that I put in. I'm glad he's always happy in the mornings though. Sure do love that kid...
1 comment:
Too funny. That first picture is perfect.
Post a Comment