Tuesday, June 18, 2013

End of School Stuff

The kids are so glad to be done with school, but not because they didn't like their school.  They loved their teachers and they loved their classes.  The just love being home with their friends more :)

Allie had a great year, but she said she wished she could have learned how to read.  I asked her what she was talking about, she can read!  It doesn't matter that she can read little books and sound out most words.  She still thinks that she needs to learn how to read.  I guess she won't feel like she can read until she has mastered every word and reads like a pro.  It makes me laugh. 
She learned a lot this year and has grown up a lot too.  She is ready for first grade.


She brought home a pumpkin plant and we planted it in the back yard.  We'll see how it grows.  Hopefully it will live and make us some cute pumpkins this fall.

Jake had a great year too.  He's a good kid, but he checked out about a month before school got out.  I even got a call from his teacher saying that he needed to get in shape.  I know she was calling about the boy, but my heart started to pound, my eyes got all watery and I hung up feeling like I had just spent an hour at the Principal's office.  I guess he was having a hard time sitting still and being good while they practiced for the end of year program.  Jake, Dad and I had a good chat.  There were some consequences, and he was better the next week.  Yikes...sometimes it's hard to be a mom.  I feel like my kids actions reflect upon me, but I can't control them and sometimes they are down right embarrassing!
Jake was cute in the program and now we are off and running for a fun summer and a fresh slate next year.

The kids wanted to have a silly string war when school was out.  Their cousins do it and they thought that sounded fun.  I think it was a little anticlimactic, because their sprayers didn't work right, but they still had a great time.



 It has been a beautiful spring.  I have enjoyed going out with Jason and Nate and letting the kids play late outside.  School being out just makes it all that much better.  No early bed times and no homework.  Yay!


1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Ha, it's not just Jake. Every week Krista's and Keira's teachers would send home notes asking parents to remind their children that school wasn't done yet and they needed to still behave! Silly kids.