I was so excited for school to get out. I realize that my reasons are totally selfish. I was tired of getting the kids up and making it on time for the bus. Allie and Jake were called "Mr. and Mrs. Late" by the bus driver all year long. On the odd occasion when they were on time, she'd say "you made it Mrs. Late!" I love that the kids had a friendly banter with the bus driver, but I am sure that it got old for the poor bus driver to watch Allie run for the bus with her shoes in hand.
The kindergartners got out a day earlier than everyone else and the bus driver told Allie that she was going to honk on her way by and wake her up so she couldn't sleep in. Allie told her that she was going to be at the bus stop in her p.j.'s and make faces at her.
She was late, but she was able to taunt her anyway.
Another reason I am excited for summer is this...
These kids together at lunch is one of my favorite things. We read The Friend...the kids mess around and I say "eat! Eat! EAT!" at least a million times.
Last summer, I felt like I was feeding two lunch crews because Nate could never wait to eat with them because he needed to nap. Now we have a later nap schedule and things should be great. I'm excited.
Yay for summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment