Jake came home from his last day of school and went right out to play after lunch. He and Carson had made big plans to do all sorts of fun things all summer. He finished off his second grade year well and is really excited for third grade.
I was proud of him for learning and growing so much. He is excited for his third grade teacher who apparently throws crayons at kids who are misbehaving. We'll see if that's just an urban legend next year. If it's true, I'm afraid Jake is going to get pelted with a lot of crayons.
A few days before Jake's school let out, we went to see him in a little program. Remember when I said I got a phone call from his teacher about him acting out in class? Well, it was while they were practicing for this program. I gotta be honest, I was about to start acting out during the program and I'm an adult! It was long.
They sang some cute songs and read little stories and poems. I loved it, it was just really long.
It probably felt so long because the room was really hot and I was wrestling Jason. I tend to get a little irritable when it's hot.
I did shed a few tears at the end when they sang Bruno Mars Count on Me. Jake was looking at me with a cute little smile on his face and the lyrics really hit me. It had been a rough few weeks and I felt like I was getting after him for every little thing. Then as he sang the words about counting on him and knowing that he could count on me, I felt like things would all work out. Jake is a good boy and although he can be wild and crazy and in your space sometimes, he doesn't ever try to be mean. I hope he knows that he can count on me. I have to discipline him because I am his parent. I'd be doing him a disservice if I didn't. But he can count on me to stand behind him and be there when he needs me. And I know I can count on him to be there for me when I need him. He's a good kid. I'm so grateful for him.
See you later second grade!
No comments:
Post a Comment