Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Making good on an old promise...

Mike made Allie a bunk bed for her American Girl doll for Christmas the year before last.  I told her we would make some bedding for it "soon".  She reminded me about my promise every time things were chaotic or when there was a baby crying in my ear.  My excuse was always that we would do it "later".  A few weeks ago, both Jason and Nate were taking a nap and the house was quiet.  She asked if we could make the bedding and I didn't have an excuse, so we did it.



 Allie picked out some fabric from the bin and got to work helping me measure things out.  I let her sew all the straight lines and she was a quick learner.


The fabric is actually something that I picked out for a blanket when I found out I was pregnant with Jake.  It was the girl stuff and I ended up using the boy stuff.  I found some that I liked better when Allie was born, so it has sat all these years.  Now it has a home with Allie's dolls.


She loves it, and now she'll have to find something else to pester me about when I am busy.


No comments: