Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Reading
I love that this boy likes to read. We have read a bunch of books together the last few months and it's fun to talk about them. I listened to The 39 Clues series because he really liked them and was always asking me about the places that the kids were traveling to in the books. I had been to a few of the places (Italy and Russia) and thought it might be something we could chat about. We also read The Unicorn Chronicles together. When I say "read" I mean that he reads them and I listen to them on audio. I still rarely find time to read, but I can listen to a book pretty quickly.
Jake gets a fair amount of screen time on the weekends or on rainy days, but I always ask him to read when he is bored and he never balks at the suggestion. I'll ask him to read for a half hour and then we both forget the time. That's how I used to be as a kid so I love that he is that way too.
We are about through the school year and one of the things I am looking forward to most is reading Harry Potter with Jake and Allie. We have plans to read each night after the little boys go to bed. Yay for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment