Friday, September 4, 2015

70

My mom sent an email today saying that my dad's 70th birthday was today.  I knew it was his birthday, but for some reason, I didn't even add the years up and think about the huge number of 70.  His twin brother has had a rough year this year.  He had a triple (or quadruple, I can't remember) bi-pass earlier in the year.  Then had a shoulder surgery and now he's got prostate cancer.  I guess it's easy to believe he's turning 70 today, but my dad is still stuck in my head as a strong man who could do anything, lift anything, work from sun up to sun down, and just be the man he always was.  Crazy to think of that man turning 70.  But, 70 it is.  I have loved him 38 of those years.  My Mom has loved him 43 of those years.  He's been in heaven for 13 years.  Heaven is a good place, but we miss him.  So, happy birthday Dad!  Hope you and Sam are doing all you can for us from where you sit.




 My dad loved dogs and bred St. Bernards when he was younger.  He also owned hundreds of different cars.  I really don't even think that would be exaggerating.  He loved cars and had a body shop so he was always working on something.
 There were some years when my Dad had the mustache, but most years it was Richard.  In these ones, my dad is the one with the stache...you can tell because Richard had a crooked arm and is a hair taller than my dad.

 I wish there was a picture that showed the exact color of his eyes.  Jason has his eyes.
 My parents don't have many pictures of their wedding day because there was some sort of camera mishap, but they do have this one and I love to see how happy they were.

 This one is probably 1982.


Maybe 88?
 '92?
 '95?



This was the last family picture we took.  It was 2003.  He had 3 grand-kids with one on the way.  Now he has 17 with two bonus grand-kids and 3 bonus great grand-kids.  He has missed out on a lot, but I know he has been able to peek in on us and I'm sure he pulls strings for us all the time.  I love my dad and I am so grateful he was born 70 years ago!  


No comments: