Thursday, September 24, 2015

Labor Day

We feel like we haven't gotten out nearly enough in the motorhome this year, so our Labor Day camping trip was a lot of fun.  We just went up Blacksmith Fork to a place called Sheep Creek with a bunch of our neighbors.  We had to scoop a few cow pies from our camp site, but other than that, it was beautiful.


 The kids fished in the pond and had a great time playing there.  Jake caught a big fish on one of his first casts.  Nate got to reel one in too.  Allie fished for hours and didn't come up with much.  She still likes it though.  We saw a huge white pelican on the last day that we were there and watched it dive down to the water a few times.


We brought our kayaks, but forgot the life jackets, so they didn't play in them much.


Nate and Jason were really good on this trip. There were lots of things for them to do.  They played in the shallow stream and found sticks to throw.  Nate went around cutting things with scissors and Jason rolled his monster trucks on any surface he could find.


They also did a whole lot of this...



 Jake and his friends made a track and went round and round until I thought I'd go a bit crazy.


I got to go on a few rides up in the hills too.  It was so much fun to go up and up and then find yourself on the top of the hills with a beautiful overlook.  We saw a moose enjoying some dinner and we stayed to watch for a while.
We went with some new neighbors and they brought their outdoor movie projector.  It had such a great sound system that we felt like we were in the theater.  The nights were super cold and that's how I like to sleep, so it was perfect.  The kids all slept well...I think we have left the days of Jason screaming through the night in the motorhome behind.  I won't miss those days.
I didn't take many pictures, but we did have a great time.  We laughed a lot and the kids had adventures.  I still love our motorhome!

No comments: