Monday, September 28, 2015

Potty Training

 Those words are swear words, so I'm sorry for swearing in my title.  I just had to let you know what we've been up to lately.  Jason started peeing in the toilet in June, but I didn't want to start potty training him in June, so I put it off.  July came and he was still wanting to pee in the toilet every now and then and wanted his own unders...so we gave it a whirl.


We got some new Paw Patrol unders and got everyone all excited about the stickers and prizes.  We put Grave Digger, Blaze, and Pickle on the top of the fridge and told him how he could earn them...but my heart wasn't into it.  A few wet unders were enough for me to talk him into wearing a diaper.  Allie didn't want to give up though, and when she noticed that he was doing his usual pooping routine, (finding a place to hide and holding out his hand to say "no, weave me awone! go away!") we rushed him into the bathroom and he earned Pickle.  He was pretty excited about that.


You would think that this all sounds easy and I'm just being a brat about it.  The problem with potty training, for me, is that Jake is the only one of our kids that is a once a day pooper.  The other 3 are at least 2 a day poopers.  At the risk of TMI, I'll tell you that these kids "pooped in unders" are never something that can just be easily removed and cleaned up.  This is disaster type of poop that requires scissors, a lot of wipes, and a hazmat suit.  So, you can see why I don't love potty training.
This time around, I decided to use Pull ups so we don't have to go through so many unders.  We had some hand me down princess pull ups and we've used those for a week or two.  Jason is pretty good at not peeing on Cinderella's head, but he doesn't mind if she gets pooped on.  So, Blaze and Grave Digger sit on top of the fridge and I try to catch Jason doing his business every single day...several times a day.  Did I mention that I am not a fan of potty training?  Wish us luck over the next few weeks...

No comments: