Monday, March 20, 2017

Birthday Boy

As usual, we dragged out the birthday celebrations.  Nate got to have his very first friend birthday party.  He was really excited to invite his friends and the list was long.  Looking back, I should have made the list a little shorter.  Ugh...so many kids!  The day was so busy that I didn't even start anything until there were only three hours till kids arrived.  In that time, I made cupcakes, shopped for things, made a pinata, and planned the games.  I was grateful for help from my kids.
He had a great time though.

The pinata was obviously home made, but he loved it...



The string holding it up only lasted through a few kids and we had to just whack it on the ground.


It was a Lego Batman party and Nate wanted cupcakes.  That's always easy...
I was out of time, so Jake cut the circles out for me.


...see!  There were tons of kids.  When I counted up kids, I failed to count my own kids, so we were two short of everything.  I just felt pretty out of sorts for the whole thing, but I don't think anyone minded.

 Allie and Lily cut out the masks and made all the capes for everyone.

Then, they supervised all the games.  I was so grateful for the sunshine!  It meant we could stay outside the whole time.



Nate had a great time and he was totally spoiled by all his friends.  He got Lego's, a huge stuffed bear, puzzles, nun chucks, an RC car, and all sorts of other loot.  He had the best day ever.
I was pretty tired after the party and ready to go straight to bed.  Remind me that I never, ever want a 2 hour birthday party with 13 kids ever again.

No comments: