Wednesday, October 24, 2018

6!

  







Jason Kay Schwab turns 6!  Are you  kidding me?!  It's so crazy how I can feel like the boy has been in our lives forever and also just a blink of an eye.

Before he went off to school today, I asked him some questions.  He was pretty patient with me and answered everything right off and was confident in his answers.  He cracks me up.

Favoite movie:  Star Wars
Favorite song: Stitches (Shawn Mendes)
Favorite church song:  Gethsemane
Favorite food:  meatballs
Favorite fruit: pears
Favorite veggie: carrots
Favorite toy: transformers
Favorite place to go: Grandma Johnson's house
Favorite sport: baseball and soccer
Favorite book:  Piggie and Gerald books.
Favorite thing to do in the day: play with family.
Friends: Nathan, Finn, Landon, Joe and Paul.
Favorite place to eat: Sam's Club.
Favorite animal: penguins
Favorite number: 1

I said, "is there anything else you want to say?
He said, "I love spending time with family.  I love school.  I like playing with friends and going on trips.  I love Charlie so much that I could die.  Nothing else."


Jason,

You are finally 6!  Dad told me today as he came home from taking you out to breakfast, that he's never seen a kid so excited for his birthday.  You told everyone you saw that you are 6 now.  He took you to breakfast, but nothing on the menu tempted you.  No pancakes or even bacon and eggs for you.  You wanted chicken strips and fries.  Lucky for you, you are so cute and you charmed the waitress into turning on the fryers and hooking you up with what you wanted for breakfast.  Even at home, it's a peanut butter and honey sandwich every day.  You are more of a lunch person than a breakfast kind of guy.
After breakfast, Dad took you to the store to buy a gift.  He tried to talk you into all sorts of fun toys, but you insisted on a pirate sword with an eye patch and a dollar store cap gun.  :)


You are my little buddy.  It's been fun having you with me every day.  You aren't a big fan of going places, so we spend a lot of time at home.  You like to color and I love to see your little body, head cocked to the side, in pure concentration as that little left hand precisely colors in the lines.  I love as you slowly write your letters and numbers.  You are so neat that when your homework comes home, I assume the pages are blank because your pencil lines are so precise that they blend in with the letters you are tracing.
You are working hard every day to control your anxieties and fears.  You made a goal to use your words instead of anger now that you are six.  You are doing better all the time.
You love school.  You are a good student and the teacher said you are nice to the other kids.  That's what's important to me.  You have compassion and you treat others well.
You are funny.  You still like to quote the funny lines from movies and you can have me laughing any time you try.
You still love Legos.  We have put together a few sets together, but you still just really like playing with the minifigures.  I am trying to make peace with the inner Lord Business and allow you to swap heads and do what ever you need to do.  (Lord Business is from a movie and he would rather super glue the pieces together than let them get all scrambled.  I don't go so far as using super glue, but I do get anxious about all the pieces that are mixed up now:).
You gain more independence every day.  You are thoughtful and kind. You are my favorite brown eyed boy and I am so grateful that you are mine.
I hope that you love being 6!

Love, Mom


No comments: