Jason asked if he could have a birthday party on a day that I wasn't feeling stressed or busy at all. I said yes. Then, things went crazy. It was a really busy week with another funeral luncheon to plan, but we had committed so we were going to go for it. Now that Jason's my last, I really should have learned a thing or two about birthday parties. For one, I always make them way too long. Ugh. Future Sue, keep it to 1 hour next time. Also, future Sue, combining Jason and Nate's friends may seem like a good idea, but seriously, invite fewer boys to the party.
Future Sue...don't procrastinate the cake. I always think there's plenty of time in the day, then I am building the cake instead of preparing for the way too long party with way too many boys invited.
Oh well, it's all over now and we all survived...
Jason walked in the door from school pronouncing that it had been a great day!
The kids showed up a few minutes later for the party. It's a good thing it was a beautiful day and they played outside the entire time.
Jason wasn't having much fun at his own party because he didn't like the games I had haphazardly planned. So, we ditched the games and opened gifts. His friends spoiled him.
They loved the cupcakes.
Allie and her friends saved the day when they returned to the costume box and found a way to put on nearly everything we have.
They led the boys in a round of games.
They even played a round of "everyone pile on the girls".
Minutes after the boys left, we had invited people over for dinner to celebrate the boy. He chose grilled cheese and tomato soup. Imagine that.
He opened up his gifts and was very happy with the mini transformers and Nerf guns.
He also got one of those magic globes that you can touch and the light is attracted to your hand.
Grandma Bonnie gave him a Transformer's costume. Now he's excited to be Bumble Bee for Halloween.
I hope it was a great day Jason! We love you and are happy to watch you grow into such a handsome 6 year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment