Monday, September 8, 2008

Fun at the "curly haired" Grandma's house

We were in Orem this weekend. Jake calls my Mom the curly haired Grandma. When you have 3 Grandmas you have to start thinking of different traits I guess.

My Mom got a new boat, so I tested its ability to pull a skier...it passed with flying colors.
We let the kids play on the dock for a minute before we took off. They were trying to see fish through the water...good luck this time of year. I had to talk myself into getting in that brown foamy water. Obviously you have to do that to ski, so I did, but I came home with a different colored swim suit than I went in with...thanks Utah Lake!

We went to my nephew's football game on Saturday. If football were "cute" it would have been soo cute to see them all out there in full gear running around, but football isn't "cute"...so it was just cool. Easton is number 65...

As the other kids played on the bleachers, Allie must have found every consumable thing out there...do we worry?
We also went down to the park behind my Mom's house. There are ducks in the pond and we tried to feed them. They were snooty ducks and only came to sniff at our bread, then swim away. I guess they were holding out for the "not stale" variety.

The kids loved playing at the park. Jake is getting really good at all the playground equipment. I only had to climb up to help a child down the slide once.



The main reason we went down this weekend was to pick up our truck. We have been waiting all summer, and there will be more waiting. For those of you who don't know the gruesome details, we bought this truck in May and have been waiting to convert it to natural gas. We finally got sick of waiting, so we picked it up and have an appointment to convert it next week...gas under a dollar a gallon here we come!

We had a great time in Orem, but as always, it's good to be home.

4 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

That was a fun post to see. Thanks for posting the great fotball pictures!

Melissa said...

It is funny that they call your grandma the curly haired grandma. And I can't believe how big Easton is! Holy cows!!

Had no idea you were converting your truck to natural gas. CRAZY. I know the gas is cheaper, but don't you have to use more of it? I really know very little about this - but I heard that so just curious.

Nancy said...

Bought you guys a bunch of train tickets today. Can't wait for your visit. Ya hoo!

Berly said...

The picture of Allie eating the stuff in the bleachers CRACKED me up. Her facial expression in classic.