When I washed Allie's hands a couple months ago I grabbed the towel to dry them. She said "Look! A spider" I was startled (spiders aren't my favorite) and looked all over trying to find the spider. I didn't find one, so I thought maybe it had scurried under the stove. I avoided that area all morning, then forgot about it. The problem with that is that she repeated the proclamation every time I washed her hands. I tried to figure out if I was hearing her wrong, but she said "spider" pretty clearly. I just reasoned that she was wrong (like the times she excitedly says "cow" and points out horses.)
Point of the story...the mystery was solved when, after months of saying it, she finally pointed and I made the connection...
It could look a little like a spider, I guess. It does have 8 leg things...
The other word discovery was last week when we went for a walk up the canyon. She kept telling us she was seeing "a hog!" As we weren't at a farm, we once again questioned her brilliance. After many "hogs" were spotted, I made the connection. She was pointing out logs.
She is getting better at talking, but there are always days of confusion and frustration (she gets frustrated, I get confused). Overall, this stage is really fun for me. I love to watch her figure things out and learn to communicate her feelings.
5 comments:
It is a ton of fun isn't it. The pointing works really well. I found Nicole loves to act it out if she can. We play alot of charades.
So funny about the spider. Roman said something funny the other day but it's too embarrassing to repeat.
Hey, ask Allie if she knows what "ho ho" is - Krista keeps asking for it, and I KNOW she doesn't know who Santa is yet.
That is so cute. I love it when they are learning new words.
I am never going to look at our stove the same again. I love it!!!
Post a Comment