Friday, December 5, 2008

4 people crammed on a snowmobile...

After our Turkey Day celebrations, we gathered up with some of Mike's family to get Christmas trees. At that point, there was only a smattering of snow on the ground, but everyone had dragged snowmobiles up there and snow or no snow, they were going to use them.
We drove up the road (to Cottonwood Lake) until there was more snow/ice on the road than dirt. Then we unloaded. Jake rode the Kitty Cat until we were ready to go, then we attempted to cram the four of us on Mike's snowmobile.
This is Jake and Allie on the sled...imagine two more people on that...

We have all gotten bigger since the last time we tried to pile on. Allie was an infant and rode in a carrier strapped to me, and Jake was just a lot smaller. This year was different. We went a mile or so before I was about to give up. You try to stay on a slippery seat in snow pants when there are three other people in front of you...
The snowmobile was getting hot because of the lack of snow (and I'm sure the weight contributed as well).
Luckily we were able to farm our kids out on people who were riding solo.


Jake went with Cole.

Allie went with Lynn.



This is most of the group that went. I think there were 8 or 9 snowmobiles in all.
When we finally got to a place where we could look for a tree, Allie sat down and did this...

Luckily, Mike's cousin (who was smart and drove his truck instead of a snowmobile) let Allie camp out in there for a little snooze.
While I was taking her to the truck, Mike found our tree on his own. He actually picked out a beautiful tree.
This is the load we took home (ours is the big one on the back).

It really is a fun tradition. Jake loves being with his cousins, Mike loves being out there on a snowmobile, I love going and taking pictures, and Allie is still getting used to the tradition.

Fun, fun, fun!

4 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

looks so much fun! Now you have a beautiful, fresh tree in your home.

Nancy said...

What a fun tradition! I bet the tree smells so wonderful!

Jill said...

Cute Pictures!
What a fun tradition.

Syndee said...

Hey sweet blog, You have some great pictures. Love to see you enjoying family. Hope you break out you pressure cooker. I will see that on here next right.