Thanksgiving weekend...the weekend to be thankful. We have so much to be thankful for in our lives.
We started our festivities by going up to Star Valley for the feast. It was a good feast. Mike's niece Ricki went into labor Thursday morning, the dinner was quick so people could go be with her for the delivery. She had a little boy and named him Daniel. It's crazy to think she could be a Mom, she was just a kid when Mike and I got married.
Mike's step-sister Ellie and her family live on what is now a "farm" next to his Dad's house. They have horses, two really cute pigmy goats, and lots of chickens. Allie is really into animals right now, so she was in heaven. She chased those goats around the house and wanted to "pet" (my definition is maul) them every chance she could get. I wish I had gotten a picture of them because they really were cute goats.
Ellie and Tyler have 4 kids and they are really fun cousins to play with. Tyler got their horse saddled up and let the kids take turns riding it. Jake had fun, but didn't care all that much. Allie loved it and took two really long rides.
They also had fun riding the motorcycle with Dad (his preferred mode of recreation).
It is so fun to go to Star Valley. It's gorgeous and we get to do fun things. I missed seeing all of my family at Thanksgiving, but we did have a great time and hope you all did too.
I am thankful for my family!
2 comments:
My girls would be so jealous that they got to ride on a horse. They want to sooooo bad.
Sounds like you had a great time.
Post a Comment