Jake came into the room the other day and there was a movie on. It was the Tim Allen one, The Santa Clause. Anyway, he came in right at the part where Santa fell off the roof. I was making cookies, and I thought about turning it off, but didn't get there in time. Jake was quite absorbed in it for a minute, then he came running to me with panic in his eyes and said "Mom, Santa's dead! I saw it on t.v! Come look! Santa's dead!" I told him that it was just a movie, and we don't always believe everything in the movies. He was pretty upset still, and continued to watch for a few more minutes. I guess he decided that all was still going to be well with Christmas at our house, and went off to play in his room. I just thought it was so funny to see him take it so seriously and get so stressed.
He must really be hearing lots about Santa at pre-school or from his friends, because he's got all the information. We were in the car once and he told me all about Santa's home at the North Pole. He thinks we can just drive over the mountains and find him there. He's gotten Allie really excited too. They have been on the look out for Santa's elves...I guess if they are better behaved this month we'll know that anything is possible.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I still think that is the greatest story ever! They are at a fun age where santa is really exciting to them!
my girls are always looking for Santa's elves. Warren always says he sees one and Nicole says she sees them also - but, poor Kaylee has yet to see one. This is a fun time of year for them.
MaryAnn and I have been talking about how much we love your blog. You're just so real.
Ugh, I'm thinking about actually enforcing the naughty kids, no presents from Santa promise.
Each kid gets an orange in his/her sock, except for Ginny. Ginny will bring in a haul.
Post a Comment