Monday, December 15, 2008

Allie eats pink play dough

When Allie was new to the Nursery world at Church, the leaders would comment about how much she enjoyed eating the play dough. Every time they mentioned it, I thought I would throw up. The stuff that was in there was home made and it had been there since Jake was in Nursery...a long time.

When my friend Heidi's daughter was old enough to go in there, Heidi donated some new play dough to the cause. She is a self-professed germ-a-phobe and was grossed out by that old stuff too.

I guess Allie loved the new stuff. It wasn't home made and they had all sorts of colors. Her favorite was the pink. Not to play with...to eat. They couldn't keep it out of her mouth. They even ran experiments. They would hold out on her and not even put the pink stuff on the table. She'd play contentedly with the other colors, making snakes and balls. Then when the pink kind came out, she'd secretly eat it. I always thought they were exaggerating and that she was just tasting little pinches of it now and then. I was wrong.

We were bored the other day and got out the play dough. I am not really a fan because I hate it when the colors get mixed up. Yeah, I know I need to lay off and let the kids enjoy their toys...

Anyway, I left for something and came back in to find this...


I took the pink away, thinking that would solve the problem (it did in Nursery). It didn't...next time I came back in the room I found her spitting out black chunks. Finding herself deprived of her true craving, she decided to eat around it. I guess it didn't taste as good.


What a silly girl...

3 comments:

Jill said...

Silly girl! I can understand... I also do not like the colors to get mixed up so my kids don't get to play with play doh very often. For some reason it drives me crazy when they mix it up. :-)

lori parkhurst said...

I think it is funny the things she eats!

Tara Schwab said...

Mmmm, old play doh. Hard to resist. Allie is so funny!