Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Boy is 4!

What a fun day! Jake has been counting down for this birthday since Allie's birthday in August. It's hard to see siblings getting gifts and it's hard not get a little jealous that it's not your birthday too. So he has been waiting patently for his. It came!



He woke up and had his usual strawberry milk and a show.





Marshmallow Matey's for breakfast...two bowls!


Most people are bummed when they have to go to school or work on their birthday, not Jake. School was what he was looking forward to most. He got to give out some treats and they sang to him.



This is his teacher, Mrs. Lamb.



He went to lunch with his friend Aubrey after school. He chose A&W's.


He had a great nap and woke up ready to party on!
I decided to get creative with my limited cake making abilities. What was supposed to look like this...




ended up looking like this...





I think the most annoying thing is that I looked at it then turned off the computer so Mike could sleep (I do my most productive work in the hours that most people should be sleeping.) Anyway, I cut it without looking at the model again, and as you can see, my dinosaur looks like it has a friendly wagging tail...

Yeah, that's embarrassing. Oh well, at least most of the people that saw it could identify it. Plus, Jake loved it.




Grandma Bonnie and Don came up, and so did Brian, Tara, Kyle, and Blake. It sure was fun eating with the cousins and having cake and ice cream.



He got spoiled, as usual. The thing I thought might be his favorite...the remote control truck he has been saying that he wanted, ended up taking a back burner to the thing most kids love the most at gift giving time...the box for the truck.

Why do kids love the packages the toys came in more than the toys themselves? Ah well, he's improving his motor skills, right?

Anyway, it was a great day. My four year old boy is snoozing away now and I am trying not to be sad that he is growing up so fast. I love that he is learning and progressing, but I miss that sweet baby he was too. I guess it's a good thing I take lots of pictures...


4 years ago!

I recently scanned in the kid's portrait pictures...you know, in case the house burns down and all my hard copies are gone forever. Anyway, here are a few.

2 months old

6 months old

9 months old



1 year old

18 months

2 and a half

3 years old

3 and a half

He's a good kid. He has a tender heart and tries really hard to be obedient. We love him and are so glad he's ours!

5 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

Happy birthday jake. We love you

Grandma and Bonka said...

Loved the blog. Jake is soooo adorable. Thanks for sharing his growing up pictures.

maynardmoments said...

He is so cute! He sure looks all grown up in his cute coat and his backpack. Do you remember that we were due around the same time? Of course, like everyone else, you had your baby first.
I loved the cake, I think it was great. Mary wants a princess cake...aaaggghhhh!

Jill said...

How cute and sweet! You have a cute family! I love that picture of you and Jake when he was new!

Berly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!! WE LOVE YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS! yay!!! I love the picture of Jake so litte - sooooo cute. How crazy. How fast they grow up.