It was so cute to see him zooming from place to place. It actually goes much faster than any small kid should be allowed. (yes, I know he's 4, but I want to keep him young and alive as long as I can.). Anyway, he loved the speed. Allie was a total fan of the "snow beel" and loved getting rides. We put her on the back and he'd zoom off at full speed. She could barely hold on and even got dumped off the side once. She cried a little and was ready to get back in the saddle. So we put her on in front of Jake. That went really well until his circles began to get wider and wider. Pretty soon the big snowmobile trailer was in their path. This was one of those moments when you can see things happening before they happen and you can't get there fast enough because you're 25 feet away holding a camera and a camcorder (trying to be a good Mom and record the day's events for their future enjoyment) and an extra pair of gloves. That's when I let the first few expletives out. I took this picture before I could see the danger. Of course, Jake isn't even watching and Allie can see it coming. You can see the light of the trailer in the left side of the picture.
As you can imagine, Allie hit the trailer first and knocked them both off the snowmobile and into the dirt. She ended up with a pretty good bruise on her head and one on the top of her ear (yeah, a very tender spot...especially when you are cold). Needless to say, Allie won't get back on the "snow beel". She thinks it is a little too scary. After making sure they were okay, I had some time to regret that I had just turned off the video camera. We could have watched that wreck over and over again and sent it into America's Funniest Home Videos.
Oh well, I don't think I'll ever get that image out of my head. I can laugh about it, but only because I know they are okay. It was actually quite terrifying to watch.
Jake still loves it though and can hardly wait for the snow to fall here so he can ride it again.
2 comments:
I would have died seeing them hit into the trailer! I am glad they are okay.
AHHHHHH!! I would have screamed and freaked out!! SCARY! I am glad they are okay
Post a Comment