Thursday, June 3, 2010

Soccer!

I'm a little late on this post. The season is over and now we are on to t-ball, but I had to post these pictures because I have been telling Jake I would. It's actually just so that he will believe that I do something with all the pictures he is forced to pose for...

Anyway, it was fun to see him go out there and run around with the other kids his age. He doesn't really get the fine points of soccer, but he can generally run around and chase the kids who have the ball. What matters is that he loves it.


(Jake and Carson)

He played goalie a few times. He'd hang his head in shame when one would get past him, then boast in his greatness when he'd stop a ball.

Most of the games were played in the rain, or extreme cold. They were tough little kids to go out and run around in crazy Spring weather. There were 4 other neighbor kids on the team, so there were always plenty of friends for me to talk to as we watched our kids play.
(Jake and Aubrey)

Allie was a trooper to go to every game and watch her brother play. She would love to play soccer too but isn't old enough yet. Sometimes I forget that she isn't just as old as Jake because she is so independent and does all the same things as him.



Anyway, it was a fun introduction to the sporting life for our family.

No comments: