Last fall Allie and I found ourselves alone on a Saturday afternoon. Mike and Jake had gone somewhere and it was just us. I was feeling a little sorry for myself because it was a few weeks after Sam's death and I was missing my boy. I decided to go outside and plant some tulips. I knew that I would want something to look forward to in the Spring. Allie was a great helper. We planted 3 bulbs in each hole and made little groups all over. It did make us look forward to Spring.
I was so excited to see the little green sprouting leaves after the snow melted. Allie and Jake were totally invested in them too. They would give me progress reports each day.
Now they are finally blooming and they are beautiful! They make me so happy!
We have even picked a few bouquets to look at inside our home. I was looking at them today as I ate my lunch. What an amazing things flowers are. Even flowers speak of Heavenly Father's love for us. Why else would he create such beautiful things for us to look at?
*** I started this post when the flowers were just blooming. It's late in coming because I forgot that I wanted to add some other pictures before posting it. I just wanted to add that note in case you were wondering why we were just now getting tulips. As another side note, the deer (or a neighbor kid) came and took off the tops of my tulips and now there are only a few left out there and they are looking pretty haggard. My lesson has been learned and now I will gladly pick many bouquets full and bring them in the house to enjoy, not just two.***
1 comment:
Those are beautiful!
Post a Comment