Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sometimes I have so many things that I want to write about that I have to set the posts to come every few days. Then I go on spurts that I can't think of anything to say and I feel bad that the days go by without anything new. I hate it when other people (yes, most of the people that read this blog are the "other people") don't update their blogs, so this will just be a random catch up post. (Take the hint and start updating your blogs:)

I just got back from girl's camp at Heber Valley Camp. It was a great week. I love those girls and Heber Valley is a beautiful place to go. It was so amazing, we were able to see a momma deer give birth to twins this far away...
We also walked along a trail with a moose. He followed us around and posed for our cameras for 10 minutes or so. I was totally bummed that I didn't have my nice camera. He was so close that the dorky one still took good pictures, but they could have been amazing.


I went on the overnight hike with the older girls on Tuesday. We hiked up to a meadow and started our dinner when it started to lightly rain. We hadn't brought in tents, so I expected to have a long, wet, sleepless night. My biggest worry was that my ipod (snuck in contraband) would get wet. It was worry for nothing though because they wouldn't let us stay the night. The lightening made them fear for our safety. The hike was funny though. We wandered up and down hills, on a narrow trail through the Forest for what felt like miles. Then when they evacuated us, we walked a few steps up the trail and onto a groomed road that led right to the camp. We felt like we were in a secluded meadow when really we were 10 minutes away from the next camp.

Anyway, camp was a great experience. I feel blessed that I was able to go. Mike was able to work from home those days and be mom and dad. The kids didn't really miss me much. They always have fun with Mike. Of course, they ate out for every meal (even when I left plenty of food in the fridge). When I asked if it was more fun with mommy or daddy, Jake said that it is more fun with mommy and daddy. That's a pretty good answer.

1 comment:

lori parkhurst said...

I am glad you had a great time at girls camp. It's cute that Jake said he likes being with mom and dad.