Monday, August 23, 2010

The Party Barge

One of the fun things about this trip to McCall was the pontoon boat that came with the cabin rental. At first I turned my nose up at it. It couldn't pull me waterskiing, so therefore it must not be cool. Boy was I wrong. We could fit the whole family on it. We loaded it up for night rides and enjoyed the lake together as a huge family. Allie had her 4th birthday in McCall and that was her birthday wish, to have a big party on the "party barge" as we came to call it. We did.

The top of the party barge was a deck that the kids jumped off. I took the plunge once and was surprised at how "un-cool" I have become. Since when would the fear of a 7 foot drop make me stand there for 15 minutes and not jump? I am ashamed of myself. Jake went off multiple times with no fear. I did go, but it was after counting to 3 numerous times and disappointing the watching croud as I chickened out time after time.





Anyway, I think most of the nieces and nephews took the plunge. My mom did it too. It really was a fun boat. The kids took turns driving when they could and loved to play with the microphone announcing that the party barge was about to set sail.





Thanks for the party mom!




Allie playing with one of her birthday gifts with her cousins.


My favorite part about the party barge was that we could all be on it together. In the past, our families would have to split up for the dusk boat rides. None of that on the party barge. It fit all of us and more. Can we go back?

2 comments:

Jen said...

I too snobbed the boat thinking, how lame we don't fish or drink what is the point of that thing...well wrong it was great cruising listening to the kids giggle and having them get tossed over board. Hopefully one of us will strike gold and buy the cabin.

lori parkhurst said...

The party barge was the best! I was so proud of you for jumping off!