Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rocks for Sale!

Jake has been coming in talking about his rock sale for a few days now. I had heard that he and Carson were selling rocks, but I didn't know that they had an actual rock selling stand. (now all the talk about an umbrella and a bag of money is making sense). Anyway, the other day, a neighbor called and told me she had just bought a rock from my "adorable little boy". I picked up my camera and went out to investigate.

This is what I found...






I wish I had seen the sign before it ripped...I think it says:
Rock Sale
-cleaned in Birch-twice (river)
-shined by hand
-sun-kissed dry process
-top grade rocks

It's quite a pitch!
And 5 cents is a bargain!

The girls had their own set up. I think the boys were concerned that they were hogging their street front property, so they moved it to Heidi's back yard where I'm not sure they had much "buying traffic". They don't really care though.


If you are interested in their inventory; it consists, not only of rocks, but of flowers and cool sticks too. (notice Allie's "matching" stripes)


Everything is painstakingly gathered and set out in hopes of buyers...come on over!

Jake is also really into collecting golf balls (I told you that before when I posted about his sleeping arrangements). Anyway, his uncle heard about his golf ball obsession and suggested that he gather them up and sell them to golfers. When Brian said "do you want to know how you can earn some money?" Jake said "you sell rocks".
I got a laugh out of that. There's no way he will part with any of his golf balls, but if he can make money selling rocks, it's a great deal! It seems to be working out for them though. I have had a few people come up to me in church and say "I bought a rock from your cute boy".
Who can blame them? I'd buy a few too!

2 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

I love it! So cute that they sell rocks and the girls sell flowers. I remember my boys were selling otterpops outside our house the day I found out that Allie was a girl. It was the day she was born. I think Five cents is a real bargain!

Stephanie Hancock said...

That is seriously just one of the cutest things I have ever seen--their sign just cracks me up! What smart boys! If I'd have been in your neighborhood I'd have bought one too!