Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wish bone wishes

I know it's kind of random, but we had a turkey in our freezer that we needed to cook...so we did. We had a great dinner, and as I was cleaning up, I set the wish bone aside to let the kids break. They didn't really get the concept of it very well, and of course with these guys, things have to be equal. Can you imagine the sadness if only the person who got the biggest piece got to wish?!? First of all...they got the biggest piece, and they get the wish?!? So in our family, the person with the bigger side just gets to wish first...

Anyway, Jake ended up with the biggest side, so he got to wish first...


"I wish for every toy especially a monster truck"

Allie, "I wish to be a princess and to have lots of friends to play with."

Then, I think Jake was trying to impress me because he said "I wish our whole family can be together forever." That's a good wish...one that I am so grateful can come true.

1 comment:

lori parkhurst said...

I love it! My kids love to break the wishbone too. I love the rule of your family where they take turns making a wish. The one with the bigger piece wishes first. I may have to remember that for next time.