This was before swimming lessons, so they weren't really brave enough to play in the water as much as I would have liked, but we still had a good time. Allie started to walk out deeper by the end, which was a relief. Mike and I were both getting sore necks from the death grip she had on us.
After hours of pleading, Jake finally decided to try a water slide. He took it easy with the slowest one there, but by the end, he was taking them all on.
I was a little nervous to think of my little boy going down that yellow one, but it's what he wanted. When he came down, he was trying to convince Allie to give it a whirl...
"That yellow one made you feel like you were falling off a cliff!"
Needless to say, she didn't try it.
It was a fun little trip. We even had a little education thrown in. We went to Soda Springs and visited the geyser there. Jake was really interested in it because he watches all those nerd movies from the library about natural history.
I felt like a kid again. This was the kind of thing we did as kids all the time. We had a motorhome and we would go all over in it. We always stopped to see cool things like this. I hope our kids remember all the fun stuff we do together as a family.
1 comment:
waterslides... one word... wedgie.
Post a Comment