Part of the reason for going to McCall in the first place was to have the Belnap family reunion. We had a great time. My grandma and grandpa started things out one year by giving all their kids red shirts with their birth order number on the front. So, my mom is red shirt 2. Their spouses got an A next to the number of the person they married. Then the children of the red shirts got blue shirts. I am the 8th grandchild, so my shirt is blue 8. Mike is 8A. The blue shirts go to 27. The children of the blue shirts get green shirts. The numbers are growing. Jake is 25. Allie is 30, and Sam is 44. It was fun to see all the numbers at the reunion. We were still wearing our shirts on the way home and when we stopped for gas, the lady asked us if we were on some sort of a team.
Anyway, I think my grandparents would be proud of the kids they raised. We have a great family and I love seeing them at the reunion.
3 comments:
I love that you had them pose right before you left. Great pictures.
Your trip to McCall did look super fun! What great memories you are building for the kids.
ahh, the rock. I cannot tell you how many hours I spent trying to crack open that rock to get "the gold" out of the middle. Gotta love those number shirts. Ask my dad why the spouses have an A next to the number, his answer is hilarious.
Post a Comment