Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Swim lessons

Me: Go get ready so we can go to Lowe's.

Allie: So is it a swim lessons day?

Me: No, it's not.

Allie: (with a big smile) So it's not a swim lessons day?!? (bigger smile) That's good because I don't like the diving board!


Swim lessons ended up being a great thing this year. The kids loved them. Allie was hesitant at first and I had to leave her in tears at the second lesson. It's hard, but I really feel like it's something they need to learn. The kids learned so much in their lessons this year. Their confidence in the water is an amazing change. I love it. The kids were in the same class again this year, so it was nice to drop them off together. I hope they become little fishes and love to swim as much as I do. They are on the way!





1 comment:

lori parkhurst said...

I am so glad that they did so well this year!That is great that she went off the diving board!