Monday, December 13, 2010

Exterior Illumination

I think Grizz has a little inner alarm bell that goes off when he senses Christmas light distress. The kids had been asking me to get the outdoor lights up for days. I think it has become a must around our house because it simply wasn't an option to skip it this year. Anyway, Mike was out of town and the day was somewhat warm (although this blasted rain hasn't let up till the last of our beautiful snow has been turned to icy yuck), so we decided to get going on the project.

I think I had time to get the bag of lights out and start wrapping the pole when Grizz was here with his ladder and his years of experience. We had beautiful lights, complete with a timer, in no time at all.

The kids were eager to "help". As it was a dress up day at our house, (what day isn't a dress up day with Allie?) Allie was too cold to stay out and opted to sit and direct from the window sill.


Jake was a great clip boy. He found every possible way to get in the way and yet be helpful at the same time.

I just stood there and held the string of lights. Every once in a while I would suggest that things didn't have to be so perfect, but that just won't do for the Christmas light guy.

He made sure each light was pointing in the same direction and replaced all the bulbs that burned out last year. He has extension cords and timers, ladders and knowledge. I benefited from all of it. Everyone should have a Grizz in their neighborhood. He sure comes in handy around here. Thanks Steve! I hope you enjoy the glow coming from our house!

1 comment:

lori parkhurst said...

So much fun! Send Griz down our way and I will put him to work!