I attended my first school program for Jake. I was so excited to go see him singing in his cute little reindeer shirt. They combined with the other kindergarten class too, so there was quite a crowd of spectators. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't what I expected. First of all, I was so hot that I thought I would melt right there on the spot.
Second, they sang forever! I can't believe how many songs those kids learned. I was filming it at first because it was just so cute. Then I started to get bored and I couldn't imagine ever turning on this video and watching it without being even more bored, so I put away the camera.
Mike was able to come too and he wrestled a bored Allie while I filmed. It was nice. We were surprised that they were allowed to do songs about Jesus. Mike talked to the teacher after and she said that in the rules it says you can do religious songs if they don't take up more than 20 percent of the program. I thought that was interesting.
Anyway, Jake's favorite songs were "Jingle Bells" (of course), "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer", and "I'm Getting Nothing for Christmas". They got to use kazoos during Rudolf, and that was the talk of the week. When they were done with the kazoo song, they put all the kazoos back in a basket and promised they would get them after the program. I was a little grossed out thinking that they would just get a kazoo back, no matter who had used it. But found out later that they had identifying stickers on each kazoo:)
They also had a bell to ring during "Jingle Bells". So life at home, after Jake returned with the kazoo and the bell, was awesome for a few days:)
1 comment:
Love.IT!
Post a Comment