I wanted to write down a few of the things we have talked about lately.
Baby talk...
Me: "What do you think this baby will look like? Will he look like you or Allie?"
Jake: "He's a boy, so he'll look more like me."
Me: "Do you think he'll have brown or blond hair?"
Jake: "He'll have brown hair because more people in the world have dark hair than blond hair."
We read a book the other day about love and at the end they say, "I love you all the way to the moon". Jake and I were saying how much we loved each other and I said that I loved him to the moon and back, then he told me he loved me to Mars and back. I continued it with love from Pluto and back. I can't even repeat where he went from there because it was all this talk about other galaxies and stuff that only the people who made the nerd space movies he watches would understand.
We couldn't really end the conversation because there was no way I could refute that he had just told me that he loved me the biggest distance :)
We also ran into a bit of an outer space problem this year on his birthday.
I got him a set of glow in the dark planets to hang from the ceiling. I failed to notice that they hadn't made the planets correctly. For one thing, the sizes weren't right according to his space movie. Some were too big in proportion to the other planets. Then they didn't get things quite right in color. Earth and Mars were colored in a way that you could tell what they were, and Saturn had the appropriate ring, but heaven forbid...they left the great red spot off of Jupiter. It is his favorite planet, so I can understand his disappointment.
We spent way longer than I would have liked trying to position the planets on his ceiling according to where they should be in the solar system. That's where all the stress came in with identifying planets that didn't look quite like they should. There was one that I kept was insisting was the sun, but Jake told me it couldn't be because the pack only had 9 in it so it had to be one of the planets...he insisted that one was Jupiter (minus the red spot).
In the end, the putty they included in the kit failed to hold up the perfectly placed planets and I woke up to a sad boy at 4:30 in the morning who couldn't get Pluto to hang back up after it fell down and woke him up. Curse those planets!
Anyway, I love this boy and his fun personality. He is getting more and more responsible every day. He still fights with Allie as much as ever, but he is also really good to help her out when she needs it.
I love the conversations we have and the way his mind works. He's a fun boy to have around.
No comments:
Post a Comment