It was Easter Sunday. The kids were confused when I told them that it was Easter. We had an Easter egg hunt the day before, so they thought that was Easter. Then when I tried to explain that we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ on Sunday, and we have fun egg hunts on Saturday, they started to get it a little more. I was bearing my testimony of the resurrection and telling the kids how grateful I was that our Savior had overcome death. Allie had a thoughtful look on her face and I could tell that things were sinking in for her. She started to talk and I thought I was about to hear something profound about how she was grateful for Easter and was excited to see Sam again, so I was patient as she stumbled upon her words trying to verbalize what she was feeling.
Finally she said "I get it mom! I know why we are so thankful for Easter. It's because when little kids find Easter eggs, it makes them so happy. And when we are happy, Jesus is happy."
Oh, where have I gone wrong?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment