Friday, April 6, 2012

Jake's school journal entries

All through the month of February, Jake told me that I was going to love his journal.  He reported that he was spending extra time on it and writing whole pages.  I think he has always struggled with journal time because it is hard for him to come up with ideas of what to write on his own.  When he is prompted on what to write about, he does pretty well.  But he is supposed to come up with all his own ideas. 
When he was able to bring home his journal, I smiled through every page.  I loved it.  These are a few of my favorites...


What I like about books is you can find information about cool stuff like the Titanic that people thought would never sink but it sunk and thousands of people died and there were not that much life boats and Mount Vesuvius a volcano that they [thought] wouldn't explode but it did.


What it would look like if I was a cheetah.  I could run really fast to catch my prey like deer gazelle and baboons and any other kind of meat and my babies would be born live and they would be called cubs and they would jump and play.


His cheetah
  I love the "live birth" fact.  You can tell he spent some serious time watching Planet Earth when he was younger :)

What it would look like if I was a puppy is I would have 5-7 puppies in a litter and I would have 42 adult teeth and I would wag my tail when I am happy and when I would be a baby I wouldn't be able to see well for a month and I would have lots of energy.
  Shows how much I know...I don't even know if the tooth fact is true.


What it would look like if I was a cat is I would have lots of fur that would feel like snow and I would purr when I am snuggling someone and I would hiss if I was mad and if I was on a thin platform, I would use my tail to balance.


What it would look like if I was a fish is I would have gills that means that I would suck in water and take all of oxygen out of the water and that's how I would breathe but that's not all I could swim really fast and the kind of fish I would want to be is a trout.
  A trout eh?

The things that are useful to me are my school my class by friends my family my home.  Chapter 2. The things that are important to my Dad are the xbox the computer and the printer.
 I laughed about that one because I didn't want to be the only one not shown in the most favorable light to Jake's teacher. 

Jake was right to think I would enjoy reading his journal this month.  There were several descriptions of animals and I loved to see the way his brain works to sound out the spelling on things.  Some of my favorites : would "wood", giraffe "jeraf", African Plain "aferkin pleane", stripes "sterips".
It also cracked me up when he used the word "splendid" (spelled correctly) when he described his school principal.

1 comment:

Berly said...

So fun!! I am very impressed with his knowledge of animals. Such fun keep sakes.