We were totally bored with a quiet neighborhood during spring break. We cleaned a bit, but then it was time to play. We took the kids to the zoo. It was a busy day down there, but I think we all came away from it happy. It was really fun. We met up with the other Schwab cousins of the valley and let the kids run.
Allie loved seeing the elephants and giraffes. She was also unafraid of the snakes...
Nate loved the monkeys. Who wouldn't love the monkeys?
Jake liked seeing everything.
Allie had her eye on this zebra as we waited in line. She made a beeline for it and settled herself in for the ride.
Jake and Kyle found beasts to ride and then pretended to shoot each other for the rest of the turning round and round.
I loved standing back and watching these kids discover things. It was really nice to have them a bit older, so that even though we were in a huge crowd, I didn't have to keep hold of their hands. They could roam a bit, but they always stuck close by. I guess it's just really nice in comparison to my friend Nate :)
We had a great time at the zoo. Perfect weather (should have had sunscreen though. Nate's poor nose and cheeks might never be the same.). The kids were great. It was a fun memory for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment