I have said before that I love Easter. I grew up knowing that we celebrated Easter for the miracle of the resurrection, but it didn't mean as much to me as it does now. When my dad died, Easter became the day that was proof that I would be able to see him again. Jesus Christ rose from the dead and made it possible for all of us to live again.
I remember crying as I picked out Sam's blessing/burial outfit with my mom. I couldn't stand the thought of my sweet little baby's body in the cold ground. It is an awful thing to bury someone you love. I found comfort in knowing that the body is only a shell to house the beautiful spirits that we were given by our Father in Heaven, and those spirits live on. I found comfort in knowing that Sam's body would be sharing my dad's grave. I know it sounds silly because neither one of them are here anyway, but I still like it.
I love this world that we live in. I love the opportunity that I have had to have a strong and healthy body. I love that I have been given the chance to be a mother. This body made that possible. I love that. I know that I have a strong spirit. I am a Child of God. I know that one day this body will give out and my spirit will separate from it. I also know that one day, I will be reunited with my body again. This body that has brought be so much joy will be reunited with my spirit. I will be whole again. My Savior Jesus Christ has made that possible. He made it possible for all of us. Regardless of how we live this life.
Sam will have his body back. Whole and perfect. I will see my dad, grandparents, and all that have gone before me again. We will all be perfect. So for that, I celebrate Easter. I celebrate the miracle that Jesus Christ lives.
President Thomas S. Monson bore testimony of the living Savior when he said, “With all my heart and the fervency of my soul, I lift up my voice in testimony as a special witness and declare that God does live. Jesus is His Son, the Only Begotten of the Father in the flesh. He is our Redeemer; He is our Mediator with the Father. He it was who died on the cross to atone for our sins. He became the first fruits of the Resurrection. Because He died, all shall live again. ‘Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives: “I know that my Redeemer lives!” ’ May the whole world know it and live by that knowledge.”

3 comments:
Thank you, Sue!! This was beautiful.
Simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
You have a gift for writing, and it always makes me feel better. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment