Thursday, April 23, 2015

Easter Stuff

It seems like everyone in the neighborhood was gone for Spring break.  We went to Moab before the official break, so we were left alone in the hood.  Jake read lots of books...like an un-real amount of books.  Allie hounded me to do all sorts of things that are totally fun, but hard to do when there are other children to tend to.  She wanted to ride bikes to the library...fun thing, but we had to work around things like lunch and naps and library hours and it made that something hard to do.  She also wanted to make sugar cookies.  I don't know why I drag my feet on those so much, but I do.  I finally caved one night and she and I stayed up late frosting them.


 The kids woke up to Easter baskets on Saturday morning.


 We went to the city Easter egg hunt.




And had one that night in our back yard.




 We had a great Saturday and then we were all ready to focus on the real reason we celebrate Easter on Sunday.  It was great to have it on General Conference this year.  I loved hearing the testimonies of people that I respect and admire.  It was a great week and I was sad to have it all end and go back to life as usual on Monday morning.  I guess that's just how it goes though.