I lay down next to Jason now to get him down for his naps. It isn't ideal and it certainly takes some time from my day, but man, I love it. I love snuggling up next to him as he drifts off to sleep. Today, I left him in my bed and then hopped on the computer to catch up on my journal. A little while into his nap, I heard him stirring and I was annoyed that he was waking up so early. Then I hear "I come too?" and he settled back in to sleep.
That's something that Jason says at least a hundred times a day. It started out when we were in the car and I was delivering flyers for something. I'd get in and out of the car and he had to stay in the car seat. Every time I'd put the car in park, he'd say "I come too?" and cry when I told him "no". Now, every time we go anywhere, he asks it as we head out. Then he asks it when I pull into the parking lot...several times. I think he lives in fear of the times that I say "no". He asks it as Mike heads out to work and every time he gets "no" for an answer, it breaks his heart. So, I guess, even in the sanctuary of his dreams, he has the fear of being left behind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahhhh cute little Jason boy!!!
Post a Comment