Life got pretty busy this month and I am just now getting to writing about Nate's birthday. He had a great one. He woke up in the morning and got to play x-box with Jake before school. It's pretty embarrassing how good he is at those games. He can work all the buttons on the controller and keep up to Jake. Yikes. Anyway, he wanted Honey Nut Cheerios for his birthday cereal.
After the kids went to school, I let him have ipad time with Jason. He thought that was a pretty special treat.
Then, we looked online for cake ideas. He wanted something green. Then he wanted something like the game he likes to play on the x-box (Rayman Legends). Then, he saw this dirt and worms cake and that's what he wanted. The boy loves worms. Just today, he found one outside and ran in to tell me. It was all sandy, so he went to the sink to wash it off and came back in tears because it had slid down the drain. Yuck! That boy...anyway, he likes worms. So, we started with a chocolate cake.
Then we went to Lee's to buy some gummy worms.
And we ended up with this. Remember he wanted green? That's why we have green grass. There's also pudding and oreo cookies crumbled up for mud and dirt.
He loved his cake and would come back to stare at it all day.
His dinner was grilled cheese and tomato soup. It's a favorite for sure. We also had some really good strawberries.
Then, he finally got to open some gifts. Aunt Dixie sent him a really cool rc excavator that really picks up stuff. The siblings were all pretty jealous.
He also got a huge dump truck that he can play with outside, a nerf gun from Jake, and a set of cars from Allie.
He was pretty happy with his haul.Then, it was time for cake.
I love this boy of mine. He is so smart. Sometimes I can't believe the words that are coming out of his mouth. He has a great memory and is really good with names. He remembers people's names and calls them by their name in conversation. I guess that's such a big deal to me because I am terrible with names. He is sweet with his siblings. Just the other day, Jason was stuck on a rock as they were hiking around. He kept saying "hep me Nafun!" and Nate came to his rescue saying "I'm coming Jason! I'll be your hero!"
As much as they are sweet with each other, they fight too. Jason will punch him in the face and it hurts his heart more than it hurts his face. He gets really sad when I discipline Jason and will say "I don't want you to be mean to my baby bruder".
I lose track of the number of kisses he gives me each day and I am so glad for that. He gives the best hugs and he tells me that he loves me all the time. He is always quick to thank me when I help him with something. We are good pals and I am so thankful for him.
Happy birthday Nate boy. Can you stay 4 forever?
1 comment:
Luv that sweet Nathan joe!
Post a Comment