The official reunion was over and people were heading home, but we decided to stay and do another trail with Warren's family and two of our friends from home. We went on Hell's Revenge. I have been on it several times in Jeeps, but went for the first time on a wheeler. I had Jake on with me and some of the hills and obstacles were pretty terrifying to do with him on. I rode the last half by myself and had a great time. It's amazing how much more fun I have when I'm not worried I'm going to kill a child.
Jason and Allie got to ride in our friend's razor and Nate got to ride with Warren. It's amazing to watch those things climb the hills as if they are ant hills. I guess my days of riding in Jeeps and old Land Cruisers that were barely running has made me think these obstacles were harder than they are. That, or these new ATV's are just rock crawling beasts.
Anyway, we stopped to watch a Scout and a Jeep try to climb out of the hot tub. The Scout was pretty tippy and couldn't make it out so he got winched out. Then the guy who winched him out gave it a try and we got to see him roll. It was the first one Mike and the kids have seen, so they thought it was pretty crazy. Jake couldn't believe that the guy was just calmly sitting in his Jeep, waiting for everyone to help him out of the mess. It was pretty crazy and something that they will always remember. I still remember watching my first roll over at Potato Salad Hill.
To be honest, I was totally relieved when we all pulled safely into the parking lot. It was really fun to go, but it's always good to be back to safety.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Looks fun! Crazy you saw a jeep roll!!!!
Post a Comment