Thursday, June 23, 2016

Dance Revue

We had a busy first week of summer break.  Allie had her dance revue!  There were a few practices and two performances.  Allie loves to dance and she has some cute friends that dance with her.  I went to the dress rehearsal to get some pictures of her.



 I think I've gotten a picture of these two crammed in one chair every year since they were three.  They are almost getting too big!



On the night of the performance, Allie wanted her hair done special.  We have a neighbor who does all sorts of fancy hair styles, so she came up and did her hair.

The auditorium wasn't air conditioned at all, so we sweltered in the heat.  It was long, and these boys did the best that they could, but by the end of the night, they had had enough.  They told Allie she did a great job and we hit the road.

My mom, sister, and her girls came up to watch the show, so the girls had fun giggling the whole car ride home.
 The next day, the cousins played for a while till they had to go home.  Then Allie and Lily got their hair done in matching styles.  They looked so cute.

We didn't want to make the boys suffer through another hot performance, so Heidi and I went together to watch our girls. 



 They did great!  It's fun to see them dance each year and watch the improvements that they make.  Allie isn't that cute little three year old on the stage that she used to be.  Now she's a beautiful almost 10 year old who knows all the steps and does little stage faces that make me smile.  I'm a lucky mom for sure!





1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

We loved coming to her dance concert! She did amazing!!!!