Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Nate Boy

I realized that I hadn't posted any pictures of the splint that Nate has for his arm.  It's really pretty cool.  It was just a big piece of plastic type material that they heated up and molded to his arm.  They didn't have any green, so they used green straps and that made him happy.  

I love that we can take it off to take a bath.  The other day I even let him have a break from it while we went to a water party.  If you've got to break your arm of the first day of summer break, then this is the way to go.  :)


Summer vacation hasn't been exactly what Nate expected.  He hoped that with Allie and Jake out of school, he would have friends to play with all day long.  He didn't anticipate that they would be off with their friends all day long.  It's been a bit lonely at times for him.  When Jason is napping, he is always asking me to play with him.  The other day, we completed this Lego Luke Skywalker that he got for his birthday.  It's been fun for him to play with.  Also, I have to mention that these pictures were taken on two separate days, along with the one I posted earlier about independence.  Nate has been loving this outfit.  He likes the orange shirt.  He calls it his soft shirt.  So, naturally when he is wearing his orange soft shirt, he is looking for the orange shorts to match.  I wish I could talk him out of the combo...


1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

When Aspen was about this age, one of my friends gave me some great advice. She said to let them dress themselves and gain confidence and freedom of doing it themselves. I thought it was going to be hard for me to let go of the control of dressing Aspen matching and looking nice. But instead, I let her dress herself and she loved it! It was fun to see what her outfits were like. It was much like nates. Good job for letting him dress himself. Yes, it's embarrassing but they absolutely love it!