Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I love you Mom

Jason is going through a phase where he tells me that he loves me every few seconds.  Sure, he'll go off and play and we'll go hours without the smoopy love fest, but if there is ever any down time, or if I am sitting next to him, it is an "I love you" marathon.  It's always the same routine.  He says "Mom." and I have to respond "yes?"  Then he tells me that he loves me and waits for me to tell him that I love him.  After a few seconds, he tells me again...and again.  Then, after a few "I love you's" he says "I'm just so in love today!"  Or, "I'm a lover boy."  He is getting better with the "l" sound, but sometimes it is still a "w" sound.  It is the cutest thing ever.  I've been out grocery shopping and slightly distracted, so I just automatically respond to his "Mom?...I love you" and I'm sure people think I am a heartless beast for not responding more enthusiastically to his proclamations of love.  It really is cute, and I love it.  I think it's funny that he does it so often.  I really do think he just likes to talk, and when he can't think of something else to say, that's what he says.  I'll miss this phase when he grows out of it.  I love you Jason lover boy!



He also really likes to pick flowers for me when he goes on rides up the canyon.